Following the Conservative win at the recent Northamptonshire County Council elections – this term’s political leadership has been announced.
Cllr Heather Smith has once again been selected as Leader with Cllr Matt Golby chosen as Deputy Leader along with continuing his role as cabinet member for Children’s Services.
Included in the cabinet are Cllr Ian Morris named as cabinet member for Transport, Highways and Environment and Cllr Sylvia Hughes as cabinet member for Public Health and Wellbeing.
Cllr Robin Brown continues as cabinet member for Finance, while Cllr Gonzalez De Savage remains as cabinet member for Public Protection.
Cllr Bill Parker reprises his role as member for Adult Social Care, while Cllr Martin Griffiths and Cllr Malcolm Longley take on the role of assistant cabinet members.
Additional assistant cabinet members may also be brought in to assist with specific tasks during the year.
Cllr Smith said: “I am delighted to announce this team of cabinet members and I have every confidence that it is the right line-up to take us forward as we embark on the huge challenges and transformation which stands before us. A year ago when I became council leader I made some significant changes to the cabinet and I believe that now is not the time for a major reshuffle. This is a team that I can work with and which works well with the many officers that help deliver the diverse services we run for the people of the county.”
The full cabinet will be as follows:
- Cllr Heather Smith – Leader of the council
- Cllr Matt Golby – Deputy Leader and cabinet member for children’s services
- Cllr Andre Gonzalez de Savage – Cabinet member for public protection
- Cllr Robin Brown – Cabinet member for finance
- Cllr Ian Morris – Cabinet member for transport, highways and environment
- Cllr Bill Parker – Cabinet member for adult social care
- Cllr Sylvia Hughes – Cabinet member for public health and wellbeing