It’s time for parents to apply
for their child’s primary school place.
The start of the new school year sees many parents across the county on the search for the right primary school for their child.
This year, Northamptonshire County Council is running a campaign targeting all parents with children who turn four years old between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014, to help raise awareness to parents of the right time to apply for their child’s school place and how to do this.
Applications open on Monday 9th September 2013
and will close on Wednesday15th January 2014
There are many myths surrounding applying for a child’s primary school place which the county council aims to stamp out as part of this campaign. The county council is contacting parents directly to tell them it’s time to apply for their child’s primary school place, which will reinforce the fact that they must do this regardless of whether:
· – They have put their child’s name down at their preferred school
· – The child lives in the area near the school
· – They have an older brother or sister already at the preferred school
Parents are encouraged to apply for their child’s school place online rather than by paper form and they can do this at www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/admissions
The school admissions team will be out on the road in libraries across the county, hosting roadshows to help parents through the application process. Parents will be able to get help and advice at these events which are taking place on:
- 15th October – 10am to 1pm at Central Library, Northampton
- 22nd October –10am to 1pm at Kettering Library
- 11th November – 2pm to 5pm at Corby Library
- 26th November – 1pm to 3pm at Central Library, Northampton
For further information:
· E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org..uk
· Customer Service Centre – 0300 126 1000